Things you should know about School & Education Help:
Children and youth experiencing homelessness have the right to:
- Go to school, including public pre-school, no matter where they live or how long they have lived there.
- Continue in the school of origin (school attended when permanently housed or the school last enrolled in) if that is the parent's or youth's choice and is feasible.
- Receive transportation to and from the school of origin.
- Enroll in school immediately even if missing records and documents normally required for enrollment such as immunization or health records, proof of residency or guardianship.
- Enroll and attend classes while the school arranges for the transfer of school and immunization records or any other documents required for enrollment.
- Receive the same special programs and ser vices, if needed, as provided to all other students served in these programs.
- Receive transportation to and from school and school programs comparable to that of housed students.
- Receive free school meals.